Looking for some snack ideas for the upcoming Halloween party?! These breadsticks look just like severed fingers and are pretty damn tasty even if you are not a zombie.
- Premade pizza dough
- Marinara sauce
- Poppy seeds
- Whole Almonds
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to whatever temperature the premade pizza dough you bought says to put it at. This is more than likely going to be 350.
- Melt some butter in the microwave. Half a stick should be plenty.
- On a cookie sheet, roll the dough into the shape of finger. You do not have to get fancy with this.
- Place an almond sticking a bit off the end of one side of the dough to simulate the look of a finger nail.
- Brush/Wipe/Drizzle the melted butter on each of the fingers.
- Sprinkle on the poppy seeds to give your fingers the diseased look.
- Place the fingers into the oven and follow the directions on time from the premade dough container. You should know what breadsticks look like when they are done.
- Once they are done, stick the end without the fingernail into the marinara as well as place some of it on various parts of the finger. This should give it the nice bloody, severed look. If you are not going to serve these fingers immediately, wait to put them into the marinara until they are going to be eaten, otherwise they will get all soggy.
Zombie Pretzel Fingers
Want an easier version that does not require using an oven? Dip the pretzel rods in white chocolate dyed green and add a sliced almond fingernail. Use a toothpick to add the knuckles. DONE.
All done! Delicious bread sticks OR pretzel zombie fingers that will have the dead beating down your door.