It is getting even closer to Halloween time, so in the spirit of Zombie Finger Food, I present to you Zombie Forked Eyes! These little gruesome tasty treats will add some scare to your Halloween party and definitely make your guest’s eyes POP … as they pop eyes. These are super simple to make and should only take 15 minutes of time, though waiting for things to heat and cool will add a good bit more time to this. Roll up your sleeves and continue reading to find out how to make these treats.
What You Need
- 2 (11-ounce) bags white chocolate chips
- 12 doughnut holes (treat yourself to a couple, you know you want to)
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Tube of red decorator frosting
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do
- To coat a dozen doughnut holes, melt the white chocolate chips with the oil over low heat (and keep the chocolate warm while you work and try not to burn it).
- With a fork or something pokey, spear each doughnut hole and submerge it in the melted chocolate to coat it, then gently tap off any excess.
- Stick a semisweet chocolate chip with its point cut off onto each doughnut hole, cut end first. Place the forks or pokey things (handle side down) in a mug and allow the chocolate coating to harden.
- Use a tube of red decorator frosting to add squiggly veins radiating out from the pupils (this eyeball has had one long night and is pretty tired)
Serves these to your guests and I guarantee they will flip!