It is a scientifically proven fact, everyone loves cupcakes. I love cupcakes, you love cupcakes, we all love cupcakes. This Halloween you can add a little flare to the standard frosting covered mini-cake by making the top look like a freshly harvested brain! It may seem like this would be difficult to make, but it is actually extremely easy. So bust out the muffin trays and get ready for some baking!
What You Need
- Cupcake Mix (or bake them from scratch if you know what you are doing)
- White Frosting, flavor is up to you
- Food coloring pack (grab that 4 color pack they sell at every grocery store)
What To Do
- Bake up those cupcakes. Let them cool before you move over to the icing stage.
- Spread a coat of light orange icing (we stirred drops of yellow and pink food coloring, and just a touch of green, into 2 cups of icing until you get a hue that you like) on a dozen cupcakes. This initial coating is so that the brains will stick to the cupcake
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a number 10 round tip to top them with fat zigzags. It works best to first pipe two zigzags down the middle and then fill in the sides. If you don’t have a pastry bag you can use a sandwich bag instead. Fill the bag with the frosting and cut off a very small portion of the corner. Then squeeze out the frosting through the opening.
There you have it! Cupcakes fit for a zombie king! Like I said before, everyone loves cupcakes! Even dogs. Even if it gives them Vietnam flash backs…
Many more awesome ideas to throw your way for the perfect Halloween party in the next couple of weeks. Check back often for more ideas!